The structure of the Movement is the joint responsibility of the Secretariat, based in the University of Melbourne, and the international Advisory Group, who act in accordance with the Movement’s Charter.
A self-funded Secretariat based at the University of Melbourne is responsible for the Movement’s administration. The roles of the secretariat are to:
- Support and advocate for the Movement
- Maintain the website, appointing editors who are responsible for specific sections
- Propose new members of the advisory group, with a focus on maintaining and increasing diversity
- Provide, from time to time, summaries and analyses of the Movement’s activities, including plans for future actions, which will be posted on the website for members of the Movement to comment upon and use (e.g. for the advocacy campaign)
- Plan and conduct the Global Mental Health summits
The members of the Secretariat, based in the University of Melbourne, are: